- This event has passed.
Little Free Library: Pride Stories
Tue, June 14 - Thu, June 30
This June and beyond, we’re celebrating the people, art, and experiences that bring pride and joy to our community. We’ve partnered with local organization, The Center, to develop a list of books for our Little Free Library that showcase stories about Pride month and members of the LGBTQIA community. While visiting Bradley Fair this June, we encourage you to connect, explore, and learn by stopping by our LFL in front of Jos. A. Bank.
Celebrate the resilience, bravery, and stories of this community with one or more of these great reads for every age group:
For younger readers through middle school:
- Prince & Knight, by Daniel Haack and illustrated by Stevie Lewis.
- The Rainbow Parade by Emily Neilson.
- My Maddy by Gayle E. Pitman, illustrated by Violet Tobacco.
- The Civil War of Amos Abernathy by Michael Leali.
- Both Can Be True by Jules Machias.
- Spin with Me by Ami Polonsky.
- Small Town Pride by Phil Stamper.
- Different Kinds of Fruit by Kyle Lukoff.
- History Comics: The Stonewall Riots: Making a Stand for LGBTQ Rights, by Archie Bongiovanni and illustrated by A. Andrews.
For teen and adult readers:
- The Magic Fish by Trung Le Nguyen.
- No Filter and Other Lies by Crystal Maldonado.
- So This Is Ever After by F.T. Lukens.
- I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston.
- Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao.
- Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko.
- Kiss & Tell by Adib Khorram. r.
- Last Night at the Telegraph Club by Malinda Lo.
- Yerba Buena by Nina LaCour.
- Detransition, Baby by Torrey Peters.
- The Gender Identity Guide for Parents: Compassionate Advice to Help Your Child Be Their Most Authentic Self by Tavi Hawn, LCSW.
For more recommendations, contact The Center of Wichita. Don’t forget to join The Center on Wednesday June 22nd from 7:00-8:30 to Read With Pride & celebrate LGBTQ+ literature for all ages!